Wednesday, July 15, 2020

July's Book List: Self- Help Books











          Since the midst of our current pandemic, a lot of people has been displaying their businesses all over social media platforms. It is wonderful to see people I know show different talents that I wasn't aware of and I can now support them in their entrepreneur adventures as many of them has been doing with mine. As an entrepreneur myself, I know how nerve-racking it is to showcase your talent or product for the very first time to the public. It can be scary not knowing how people are going to respond or knowing whether you'll gain support, but eventually it all becomes worth it.

        When I first created the Dear Ms. Aphrodite organization, I had the same worries as the people coming up with their businesses now. I believe the only thing that helped me push through to grow my vision for the organization is when I signed up for a typical triangle scam. As I was attending weekly meetings during the year 2013, the mentor had us download over twenty books that were business and entrepreneur related books. He wanted us to read all the books so we could learn how to run a business. Well eventually I ended up leaving the triangle scam and continued to focus on my educational career. 

          One day in 2016, my boyfriend at the time was telling me how he's been learning a lot from the author of Rich Dad Poor Dad and wanted me to read the book. The title sounded so familiar that I ended up looking on my iPad and realized that the book was one of the books my mentor for the scam downloaded for me. After reading Rich Dad Poor Dad, I started reading more of the downloaded books to eventually finding business related self-help books on my own at my local libraries. I know how beneficial self-help books are to the lives of entrepreneurs just by looking at my own experience so I know they will benefit others especially for those who are starting a new business. In this article, I will be showcasing a list of books you should include into your summer reading list when it comes to business and entrepreneur related self-help books.

1. Rich Dad Poor Dad by Robert Kiyosaki

This book will make you realize that our current educational system is training you to become a great employee, but tricks you into believing that you're getting trained to one day run a company. By reading this book, you will learn the different ways the rich make their money besides through income; how the rich are able to start their new business with a small amount of money; and the personality and skills you need to have in order to create a successful business and brand. If you like this book, you're going to like his other books and he even has board games where you can intimate the lessons you learned from his books.

2. When The Miracle Drops by Jesseca Dupart

Jesseca Dupart is the creator of Kaleidoscope Hair products. She is from New Orleans, Louisiana and created her brand from the bottom up. She is the prime example that with a dream, being compassionate about turning that dream into a reality, and being consistent in completing the steps toward that dream, you get to see all your hard work pay off and you start earning rewards. In her book, you learn the necessary steps needed in order for your small business to become well known as hers. One thing you will really take away from her book is how you should be presenting yourself on all your social media accounts. In today's marketing, social media plays a huge role into whether or not you remain a small business owner or the next big brand everyone is talking about.

3. The Art of Selling Yourself by Adam Riccoboni and Daniel Callaghan

In this text, the authors gives advice to small business owners on how they should present themselves when it comes to advertising and representing for your brand. This book also helps with people who are at the very first steps of starting their businesses and are still trying to find their audience/ customers and what their brand stands for. If you're still trying to figure out what your brand stands for, who you're main audience is, and how to successfully present yourself and your business then this book is a perfect read for you.

4. The Insider's Guide to book Publishing Success by Eric Kampmann and Margot Atwell

This book is perfect for anybody who wants to publish a book in the future. These authors give future authors the legal steps that are needed when you are working on a book that will soon become published to the public for compensation. Not only do you learn about the copyright side of publishing, you learn about the things you need to consider when deciding whether you want to self-publish or get published through a publisher. 


I hope I made you interested in checking out at least one of these books from the list if not all of them. I promise you, you shouldn't be disappointed. Let me know which book you've choose to read first? If you've read one of these books already, let me know your thoughts on them. Also suggest to me the books you're currently reading.

No comments:

Post a Comment