Wednesday, September 2, 2020

Knowing the Signs that You and Your Partner will make it to the next stage

 



A Sunny Day in Tennessee Before the Rain
A Sunny Day in Tennessee Before the Rain




          When people ask long term couples the question, "When did you know your partner was the one you wanted to spend the rest of your life with?," they usually respond by saying, "I just knew..." This is a very common saying among healthy long lasting relationships for the simple fact that they were able to be in tune with their feelings while recognizing the signs that made it very clear to them that their partner was the perfect match for them. In this article, I will list seven actions to pay attention to in order to know whether or not you and your romantic partner will make it to the next stage in the relationship.


1. Whenever you're sharing the same space as your partner, you both feel comfortable and at peace


Every time I'm in the same room or a place in general with Logan, I instantly feel safe and can relax.


2. Completing simple tasks such as errands become enjoyable when you're with each other


Whenever Logan and I go grocery shopping and helping each other wash dishes; it feels less than a chore but just an additional part of our date.


3. You and your partner talk about future life plans that includes each other


After a year of dating, Logan and I just naturally brought up future plans with one another and as time has progressed, we have started talking more about living together and starting a family. This year alone, the mentioning of marriage has been brought up more than it has in the past.


4. You and your partner naturally help each other with things with little to no question about it nor any real complaints about having to help each other out either


While in college there were two or three classes that I needed help with and I passed and received a higher grade in the course with help in those courses from Logan. Without his help in statistics, I wouldn't have been able to graduate on time. I have helped him with other things as well.


5. You are invited to learn more about your partner through attending events that includes close family members and majority of the family members take well of your presence


Every time Logan comes over to visit me; my mom, grandmother, and my little sister are happy to see him. My mom even gave him a nickname.


6. You and your partner are able to open up about sensitive details about each other and no one feels judged or unsafe with sharing the new information with them


When Logan and I went on our first official hang out, I told him that I was raped by someone I thought was a friend and that the experience caused me to build a wall around my feelings towards males that were not part of my family. I felt it was an important detail to mention to him in order to see how he would react to learning this information about me. I believed that if he was able to handle that information then we'll be able to share other sensitive information about ourselves as our connection progressed to an actual relationship.


7. You and your partner encourages each other to try new things


Since the very beginning of our relationship, me and Logan has experienced a lot of "firsts" together. I believe that by trying new things with your partner, it can help keep the relationship interesting and you'll learn more about each others interests. Those activities or interests just might become your new hobbies and interests.

  

Have you notice any of these signs when it comes to your partner? 



No comments:

Post a Comment